O’Riordan Migani Architects provides Field Observer services for publicly-funded projects under construction.
The Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA) has commissioned field representation services for a variety of projects:
- Dutton Heights, Bristol – renovation and sitework for 79 townhouse-type units constructed as side-by-side duplexes.
- Kugeman Village, Cromwell – exterior upgrades including new windows, siding, exterior doors, and porch reconstruction for 24 townhouse units.
- Berger Apartments, New Haven – selective renovation of a fully occupied elevatored apartment building containing 109 units. Scope included window replacement, new mini-split HVAC system, complete renovation of bathrooms and kitchens, new interior lighting and code-compliant circuits, and improvements to common spaces.
- Frost Homesteads, Waterbury – interior and exterior renovation for 42 dwelling units and one community building.
- Schoolhouse Apartments, Waterbury – exterior historic restoration, handicapped accessibility improvements, selected interior improvements, HVAC upgrade, energy efficiency upgrades for 144 scattered units.
- Brookfield Village, Brookfield – new construction phase one, consisting of two 3-story buildings with ground floor retail and residential units above.
- Cherry Street Lofts, Bridgeport – historic restoration and adaptive re-use of a mill industrial complex.
A senior architect with extensive construction administration experience attends weekly job meetings, walks the site, records the progress of the work with photographs, writes independent meeting minutes, and signs contractor applications for payment, change orders, and other administrative documents on behalf of CHFA.