Two historic downtown buildings were given new life and purpose with an exterior restoration and complete interior renovation, providing ground floor retail space and twelve one-bedroom senior apartments.

A house once graced with decorative Victorian porches and bargeboards sat beside a 1917 mixed-use building with storefronts on the ground floor and bay-windowed apartments above, topped by an elaborate tin cornice. A new connector was inserted between, serving both structures with an elevator, fire stair, and handicapped accessible lobby. Along with high quality finishes, the apartments are enhanced by historic architectural features, such as bay windows and a reconstructed Victorian porch. Located one block from a Metro North station and a bus stop, the complex is pedestrian-friendly and within easy walking distance of shops and community services. The project was funded by the Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston and the Connecticut Department of Economic Development. For more information regarding this project, please visit